Monday, May 11, 2009

Gynae checkup @ week 37

Visited both Dr Paul Tseng and Dr Ang today. Reason for being visited both doctors is because i wish to have more advices on my wish and feasibility to have VBAC for this delivery. Dear was not around to accompany me to the checkups, but im lucky to have my parents, my younger sis and Zq by my side... :)

These are what the doctors commented upon the scannings (same views for both):

- Both estimated baby's size at 3.2kg.
- Both said baby is not engaged yet.
- Both commented baby will not pop that soon.

Some differ views:

- Dr Tseng estimated baby's head circumference at 34.5cm. Dr Ang estimated at 36cm.
- Dr Tseng mentioned "still can try for natural" though baby's head circumference is his biggest concern. Dr Ang told me straightaway "do not waste the effort and take unecessarily risk", he suggested a c-section scheduled this or next week.
- Dr Ang did VE and said my cervix still tight, no sign of dilation.

So im rather puzzled over the best decision to make. I need to discuss with hubby and decide what's the best or less risk for baby and me. Another factor that bothering me is the umbilical cord around baby's neck, though it maybe common but i still feel uneasy, baby may get destress in the process of trial of natural birth. And im rather disappointed to hear that baby is not engaged yet, which means he is likely stay in my tummy longer and his head & size will keep growing bigger and my chance of natural delivery will be lower.

0 comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers