Sunday, December 5, 2010

Charity Christmas Brunch

We had a very special lunch today that we never had before. It's a charity brunch organised by Roundabout, a charity organisation in Beijing operated by a group of expatriates/ foreigners. The cost was 100 renminbi per adult and free for kids under 6 year old. All the money raised will be used to purchase thermal clothings and quilts for elderly people, living in extreme poverty in Hebei province.

There are pictures/ profile like this put on each dining table. Zq kept asking me to read the profile of all these poor old people for him. He emphatised asking me lots of question about them, why he sits on steps, why his shoes are torn, why his house so dirty etc... And he told me he wanted to help them. I was touched. He has always been a caring boy and someone who very sensitive to others people's feeling. I will continue to nurture this good character of him, it's his unique gems.

The event was held in Michael's Place, a restaurant in Europlaza in Shunyi. It's our 1st time there and the food is great, ambience is good as well.


Beside lunching, the organiser also arranged some activities for the kids, that's sweet and thoughtful of them.

A bouncy castle. Just what i need to entertain my extra energetic Zq.

Some singing and dancing of Christmas carols

A Christmas-craft making station for the kids. My 1st time "playing" with soft plasticine and making it into a Christmas ornament, i am rather proud of myself though it was not that "presentable", but it's my effort that count! One each for my boys :)

0 comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers