Saturday, December 18, 2010

We love to read

We have a playroom (the boys called it "playroom") but it was set up as a "library" initially. But very soon, this room is filled up with lots and lots of their toys and the books have to make space for the toys. I am glad i have 2 shelvings for all the books, so they will not land everywhere. I had even categorised them according to languages and size of the books, though it's challenging getting everyone to follow and put back the books accordingly after reading, this applies to papa also (ahem!).

I have been reading to them since they were newborn and i am happy that my due diligence to incalcate this reading habit seems paying off. Everyday, i notice the boys will get some books and read themselve, and they will also approach me to read for them. I can now read with Zq instead of reading to him as he can recognise some words and also remember the contents of the book well. An An loves to read also, i was amazed at this young age he remembers most of the stuff i read to him and almost all the titles of the books when i asked him to fetch them to me. Beside Eric Carle series of books, i noticed some of Zq's favorites now are Cinderella, Toy Story etc.. I don't quite like the idea to introduce too much fiction stories to them, and less cartoon characters if possible, so i guess it's time for me to "hide" some books away from him..

They love to sit on my laps and listen to my story-telling. And they love to sit side by side and read like this...


Sweet brothers reading together...

 Gor gor, are you trying to stranggle me?

0 comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers