Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Asthma

It was all started with a mild flu & cough, i would never imagined what a terrible nightmare it turned to...


Zq had mild flu & cough for past few days (all because of me, i had a very persistent cough & flu for a week). I fed him normal med as per usual, but things turned bad on monday evening, i noticed he started panting suddenly, he was breathing so hard and like almost out of breathe, his whole face turn pale and yellowish.. I knew something was terribly wrong and i knew i shouldn't wait any longer, i couldn't afford to wait till Dear back from Beijing tomorrow night... Together with mama, we brought him down to Dr Tan's night clinic at Henry Park at once. The queue was very long but i told the nurse my son had breathing difficulty. I was so glad that he attended to Zq immediately as he told me bb was almost out of breathe and fighting hard to breathe.. I was teary at once... All his fussiness, non-explainable crying and constantly wanted me to carry had an answer now...

Doc put him on nebuliser hourly and monitor his condition at the clinic, his condition under control but not getting better.. He confirmed with me that Zq has asthma, from all his previous wheezing history and this current one... So doc wanted me to admit him immediately, he don't even allow me to go back home to pack our stuff, he wanted me to make way to hospital at once coz bb had asthma attack and need hourly treatment and constant monitoring... I cried once doc told me all these, he knew Dear was at oversea and he told me to be strong, baby was in good hand, he will get whatever treatment to make sure he is well again... The last thing we want was baby turned blue and short of breathe along the way, so without further ado we rushed to the hospital at once...

When we reach Mt Alvernia, all the arrangement was done by Dr Tan, a treatment was given to bb immediately... his condition start to stabilise... Dr Tan was very thoughtful, he called hubby over at Beijing and told him not to worry much, but hubby already made his way to airport and managed to catch a midnight flight back home... He was weeping when i called him from clinic to update him about baby's condition, he must be worried sick...

We couldn't get a one-bed room so we settled in a two-beds room instead, only one person allowed to stay overnight for this. However the nurse was very kind, she allowed my mama to stay with me coz i pregnant... I was awake all night, slept beside Zq on the same cot... Poor boy, he couldnt sleep well coz the nurse would come in hourly to give him the nebuliser treatment, no matter how tired and how bad my MS was, i didn't wan to fall asleep, i very scared he will turn blue and gasping for breathe again...

Glad that he recovered well and was discharged last night. His asthma attack was triggered by normal cough & flu.. I could never imagine a common cough and cold can do such a great harm to my baby... It was too frigtening..

Through all these, i realise life is so fragile... I must learn to be a better mum, i have been rather impatient towards him, i feel so lousy... I never want to deprieve him any goodness of life such as ice-cream, travelling to cold countries, sports etc... Dr Tan gaves us lots of advices on asthma and i shall read up more on this, i want to give him the best care i can, i want him to grow up healthily and happily... This is my biggest wish now...

2 comments:

hiPPo said...

hey dearie, gambate!! ZQ is a strong fighter and u have to be one too for his sake! =D

Little Jae said...

You are a great mum, do not doubt yourself! ZQ is so fortunate to alway have you and Daddy by his side. ZQ will definitely grow up even stronger.

Take care of yourself too.. Mummy dodo!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers